|Hosted by Shoko and DaPhenny…this is Shoko’s Blog|
Also co-hosted by DaPhenny at his blog; Here.
If you are in a real pursuit of a flavorful bread to snack on, or as a side to various dishes, or just for a yummy different breakfast, try this! You will not regret it!
You have time, we are all still in stay at home mode…baking is a great yummy pastime:)
No flour on your store shelves?? No problem…there is none in this recipe.
This is a yummy recipe for Savory Pumpkin Bread…a dough, but not from grains, Oh MY! Actually its a paleo Recipe, the style of eating that we do here…or sometimes Keto recipes. or we combine them -Hah!
This Rosemary Paleo Pumpkin Bread recipe has become a great Fall bread staple. Grain free, dairy free and great as breakfast or even with chili or soups.
pumpkin bread with rosemary is an easy paleo bread recipe made with
pumpkin puree and fresh rosemary. High in antioxidants and Vitamin A,
this gluten free quick bread recipe is delicious served with chili or
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT Pie filling)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup avocado oil or olive oil (the more oil, the more dense, moisture).
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice will work, just an acid)
- 3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1/4 cup sugar of choice (I use raw sugar or coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 rosemary sprigs with stems removed
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds (divided)(Pepitas)
oven to 325F. Line a 9×5 bread pan or 8×4 loaf pan (see notes) with
parchment paper. You can also use 2 mini loaf pans. . Grease or oil the
side of the pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your pumpkin, eggs, oil, and vinegar. Beat gently or mix with spoon until smooth.
another bowl, sift together your dry ingredients (flours through
seasonings and sea salt). Keep the pumpkin seeds and rosemary sprigs
- Combine the flour mix with the pumpkin/egg mix into one
bowl. Beat or gently mix until batter is smooth. It might be a little
grainy due to coconut flour.
- Fold in your rosemary sprigs and 2 to 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds. Keep remaining for topping.
- Pour batter into lined 9×9 pan (or 2 smaller mini loaf pans).
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and extra rosemary on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hr. (Check bread after 45 minutes to see progress)
with foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown and
center comes our clean with poked with knife or toothpick.
- Remove and let cool. Once cooled you can remove the bread from the pan and slice or store for later.
- Freezer instructions. Once cooled, wrap bread in foil or wax paper and freeze for up to 6 months.
If you are using a 8×4″ loaf pan, check the middle for doneness at 40 to 45 minutes since it will be in a smaller pan.
has a lovely rosemary taste. Feel free to reduce the “herbed” taste by
using one sprig or two. You also use thyme or mix. the herbs
- Serving Size: 1 thin slice
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 5.1g
- Sodium: 258.4mg
- Fat: 22.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 8.3g
- Cholesterol: 53.1mg
- I want some NOW!!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…